Monday, October 1, 2012

#TeamRenegades

Tomorrow is a HUGE day for Digital Royalty and I'm so lucky to be a part of it. In case you missed it, I started working at dR a few months back. It's my first real big-girl job out of college and it's everything I could have hoped for in the start of my career. I love what I do, I love the team I'm on, and I'm happy coming to work every single day. For a young woman who's still trying to carve her path through post-grad life with all it's emotional instability and daily challenges, this job has been my saving grace. I work with some of the most nurturing and supportive people who work hard and teach me every day. They've taken me under their wing and without even knowing it, have been guiding me through my young adult life. It's a pretty special thing, and I'm really lucky to be where I am at this point in my life.


With that said, I feel even luckier to be a part of such an incredible company at this time as well. Tomorrow, the founder and CEO of dR - AKA the most kick-ass boss in all of the land, Amy Jo Martin - launches her book that she poured her heart and soul into. I had the opportunity to read the book before I even started working and as someone who has always been an early adapter of social media, I felt like it was written just for me. It's called Renegades Write the Rules and each day I get to experience a new level of it. I've secretly been implementing all her tips and tricks into my own social presence, and BOOM. I've seen massive positive changes. If reading the book didn't make me a believer, the proof was in the pudding.

Amy Jo is the epitome of the Renegades she writes about. It's really inspiring to watch and learn about her journey to this point. And the more I learn and witness, the luckier I feel for the opportunity to work with her and the amazing team of renegades she's built.

But the point of this post was not to promote the company or the book (though an added bonus), it was to express how grateful I am for what I'm a part of. I started my post-grad journey feeling mad at the world and like the universe was against me. I thought I would have to eventually settle for a desk job pushing papers and inputting useless numbers into some database just hating my life. Instead, I've had the opportunity to do what I love, keep learning, become friends with some amazing people, and feel HAPPY. I finally feel like I have a purpose and it feels pretty damn great.

Happy launch day to the entire dR team. Go #TeamRenegades, the most inspiring bunch of social media nerds I've ever met.

No comments: