Thursday, June 25, 2009

The King of Pop.


"The King of Pop." A title you can never deny, and can never take away.
Michael Jackson is a legend. He changed music forever. MTV became what it is today because of him.
Think about this: Bad, Thriller, Billie Jean, Beat It, Smooth Criminal, The Way You Make Me Feel, All Night, You Are Not Alone, Man in the Mirror, Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, Rock With You
Not to Mention: I Want You Back, ABC, and I'll Be There
You call yourself a "fan" of music? Who do you think inspired most artists today? You think you're a fan of dancing? Who do you think coined one of the most famous dance moves of all time?

This is really heart-breaking and tragic to me. For those of you who don't know, I am going to basically just display the one secret about myself that I don't freely tell everyone. I sang with Michael Jackson when I was 5 years old on his "HIStory" album. Every time this is ever brought up, the first reactions I get are "did he touch you?" It drives me crazy. I met him. I went to Neverland ranch on a family invitation to a house party he had. He was an incredibly nice person. Yes, he may have had a weird obsession with children (probably because he was abused and never knew what it was like to be a child) but he never meant any harm by it. He never had bad intentions. I can say first hand that he did everything in his power to make sure I felt comfortable and never did anything weird to me. Can you at least try to think about where he is coming from? His childhood was ripped away from him. He never got to experience a normal childhood. He lived a sad life, and never fully felt like he belonged. So make fun of him all you want, because I'm sure you have no problems relating to his issues.

I think it's really pathetic that on the day this amazingly talented man dies, the first thing people turn to is the word "child molester" and "pedophile." Do the words "NOT GUILTY" mean anything to you? He was proclaimed not guilty and cleared of all accusations. So stop talking about it. It's over, it's not an argument anymore. So the next time you feel like bringing it up, don't. I've heard all the jokes. They really are just ignorant. I don't find them funny at all.

It's not funny, it's not cool to make fun of someone, regardless of who they are. Michael Jackson is the King of Pop so SHOW SOME RESPECT. You don't know him, you don't know what kind of person he was so shut your mouth if you have nothing nice to say. Haven't you ever noticed that only harsh drama gets put on the news? They would never report on what a great person he was because it wouldn't sell. Think about it. And how would you feel if you lived your life being a victim of the media, being constantly judged and made fun of, only to die and have the same things being said about you when you're gone? It doesn't matter that he had plastic surgerys and looked abnormal. It doesn't matter what color his skin is. Nothing matters, people. Get over the things you think about him and realize that he was an extremely talented man who changed the music industry forever.

Regardless of what everyone says and thinks about him, he was nice to me, nice to my family, and he changed my life by allowing me to work with him. He was a great man on many levels. I will never forget his kindness, or his music.

"If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at YOURSELF and make a change."

1 comment:

Anna said...

i agree--
and here's my little secret:
when i was little i was in love with him. & everytime we played house he was my husband! yes, i too, love michael jackson & am sad to hear the news... my cousin even called to see how i was doing, him being my husband whe was four & all. : )