Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words...

Last night, my dear friend Hannah who I used to dive with at KU began a long trek from Lawrence, Kansas to Seattle, Washington, in which she made her first stop in Colorado! She stayed at my house for the night and we had the chance to catch up and spend a little bit of time together. It was the happiest surprise visit of my life. Hannah is the first person from KU that I have seen since my transfer, so it was just so exciting to have her in my hometown! (Plus, she is also now the first friend of mine from KU to see where I'm from.) I was absolutely THRILLED!

It was sort of surreal (in a great way) to wake up to her in my house in Colorado. I wish she could have stayed longer but I am so grateful to have had the chance to give her a great big hug after a year of being apart.

We took this picture this morning before she left (still half asleep and groggy - at least on my end) and to me it says so many things. It shows memories, happiness, close friendship, and changes in appearance and location and time, but also that no matter what changes have happened in the past year, the fact that our friendship will withstand.

Hannah has always been such an amazing friend to me. She helped me through so many obstacles during my time at KU, and supported me through my transfer home. She has always been there for me as a role model and someone I look up to in so many ways. In a couple weeks she will start a new journey in Guatemala and I wish her the best of luck. I know she will succeed and that I will be seeing her again soon!

No comments: