Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Memory.

Do you ever just sit and think about the different stages of your life and how much you have changed during each one? So far in this life, my stages have been pretty much marked by where I'm at in my life as a student. High school, college #1, college #2... Anyway, I was talking to my best friend Cory (who will be joining us in the blogging world ANY day now!) about these different stages and how different our lives were at each particular point. It's interesting to think that just a couple years ago I was at an entirely different part of my life than I am now. I was on the diving team at the University of Kansas - which seems like such a distant memory now. It was an incredibly hard journey but I came out of it with some lifelong friends and some memories I will cherish in my heart forever. This is one of my favorite ones that's been on my mind recently:

[Erin, Hannah, Allison, Jenny, Me, Meg]

2008 training trip in San Juan, Puerto Rico. My first time out of the country spent diving 4 hours a day and then relaxing at the beach the rest of the time with my teammates. I couldn't have asked for a better experience with these girls. They are a big part of who I am and where I'm at today.

It makes me happy to look back and have such fond memories.

1 comment:

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

lovely post.:)
i love that photo of you and your teammates!