Thursday, April 14, 2011

Got Friday On My Mind

Hello Friday lovers! This week was a mixture of rough and awesome. It was one of those weeks where you just had to take the bad with the good, and the good with the bad. Had some ups, had some downs, but overall I'd say it was pretty solid and productive. I have LOTS to look forward to this weekend: friend Amburli's 21st birthday tonight, and friend Gretchen's bachelorette party on Saturday night. It's going to be pretty eventful! Oh yeah, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows comes out tomorrow so I'm sure that will take up at LEAST half of my Sunday. Oh how I love having things to look forward to.

1. A song: As if I didn't already love this song to begin with, Elton John blew me away with his live version on Wednesday night. Can't get enough. Ps. Please note Justin Timberlake playing Elton in the background video.



2. A quote: "If I find in myself desires which nothing is this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." - C.S. Lewis

3. 5 things I learned this week:
-Some people don't like to let other people have fun at concerts.
-Parking illegally at an apartment complex is apparently grounds for car vandalism.
-Repeatedly watching Cats as a child was actually beneficial to my college career. Who knew?
-Waking up to snow after it's been 70 degrees pisses me off probably more than anything else in the morning.
-I have a lot of respect for Buffalo Wild Wings - they boldly support some great causes.

4. A picture/memory: I thought this turned out quite nicely and is actually one of my favorite pictures from the night. Had to snap a vintage polaroid pic of Sir Elton.


5. A takeaway: Sparked by a few events from this week, I want my takeaway to be this: accept people for who they are, don't judge, listen, and don't put people down. It's something I've noticed happening quite a bit this week in my own life as well as in the lives of others around me. There's so much negativity in the world and I think it's really important to do your part to be a positive change. I know I'm not perfect and I lose my cool with people sometimes, but for the most part I try pretty damn hard to be kind to everyone. It's like that age old philosophy by Plato, "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." You never know how your comments or actions might make someone feel, and simply being kind could really change someone's life around.

Have a fun, positive, and eventful weekend!

No comments: