Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Someone [Changed] My Life Tonight

One of my life-long dreams came true last night:

I got to see Sir Elton John in concert!


I can't even begin to describe the amazingness that was this concert. It was a once in a lifetime experience and I feel so lucky to have been able to see one of my all time favorite artists performing live (and for the record, he sounds just as brilliant live as he does on his albums - pretty rare for this day and age). The fact that all the proceeds of this concert went to such a great cause - the Matthew Shepard Foundation - just made it all the more worth it to be there. He also spoke some really inspiring and encouraging words about respect and celebrating each others differences instead of hating people for them. Needless to say, my admiration for him as an artist grew to admiration of him as a person as well. Totally inspiring night.

[Getting excited for the show to start!]

[bestie Emily - biggest Elton John fan I know!]

[Tiny Dancer]

No comments: