Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sally.

Today I'm thankful for my Sally.


Since the day I was born Sally was at every birthday, every Thanksgiving, every graduation, every milestone, for my family and I. She was an important, shining member of our family and sadly she passed away early yesterday morning. She was a light in my life - always so positive and encouraging. Her laugh was loud and contagious and her hugs were strong. She spoke her mind, and took a genuine interest in everyone around her. She never missed an opportunity to be present.

I'm not sure what it will be like without her at every family celebration from here on out, but I do know that there will be a noticeable empty place where she'll be loved and missed forever. The only thing to do now is to keep her incredible spirit alive and never let that flame go out.

I'm thankful for the many years I got to have her in my life. For the laughs we used to share, and for the most amazing hugs you can imagine. Thanks, Sally, for flying out to my high school graduation AND my 21st birthday party. And for taking care of us so well when grandpa died. Those are the memories I will take with me and cherish forever. You are so, so loved.

No comments: