Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Walt Whitman

We have been studying Walt Whitman's archive in my Digital Media class and some of the things he wrote are just beautiful. I can't get enough of his quotes. So wise, and really beautiful. Before I even started researching him, I decided I want to get the quote "Peace is Always Beautiful" tattooed on my ribs (just because I thought it was an awesome quote), and now after reading more of his stuff I am so pumped to do it!

Here are some I like:

"Be curious, not judgmental."

"Every moment of light and dark is a miracle."

"I am as bad as the worst, but, thank god, I am as good as the best."

"I have learned that to be with those I like is enough."

"Each of us inevitable; Each of us limitless--each of us with his or her right upon the earth."

"Peace is always beautiful." :)

"The habit of giving only enhances the desire to give."

"Keep your face always toward the sunshine--and shadows will fall behind you."

Ahh they make me swoon!

No comments: