Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Feelings of the Night.

(I used to do this on Myspace all the time, HA.)

Tonight I'm feeling sentimental.
I finally finished finals and am now home for 4 days.
I love going home,
sleeping in my bed that I've had since I was a child,
seeing my cats and crazy dog,
spending time with my family.
But pretty soon this will no longer be my "home"
and it makes me really sad.

The first thing I saw when I pulled onto my street this afternoon
was a huge wooden "for sale" sign in my yard.
I've moved before,
but that doesn't make this any easier.

My mom made me clean out my closet tonight
so it was "sell-house worthy"
and I ended up throwing out 2 trash bags full of stuff.
Old teddy bears, some old diving stuff,
but after we move,
where do I put everything I want to keep?
I can't just throw away every single memory, ya know?

Anyways, that's my sentimental thought for the night.
I will miss this bed I've slept in since I was 3.
And my overwhelmingly bright green bedroom.
It's seen me through a lot.

No comments: