Friday, March 11, 2011

Five for Friday

[3/11/11]

I can't believe it's already the weekend again! This week was stressful to the max but it completely flew by. Just one more week and I'll be relaxing in sweats on the couch for spring break, catching up on sleep and not thinking about school whatsoever. But, until then....

1. Song of the Week: Totally feeling this song during my daydreams of summer.



2. Quote of the week: "I don't believe in guilt, I believe in living on impulse as long as you never intentionally hurt another person, and don't judge people in your life. I think you should live completely free." -Angelina Jolie

3. 5 things I learned this week:
-Charlie Sheen really annoys me.
-Tickets to see a Broadway show in Denver are outrageously priced.
-Weeds is a fantastic TV show (just started watching it...already addicted).
-I probably hate the wind more than any other type of weather.
-When I was a girl scout, I totally took the cookies for granted. They're a godsend.

4. A Picture: I am SO excited to see my friend Katie this weekend!

5. A Takeaway: I'm sure most of you have heard about the giant earthquake in Japan by now. I woke up at 3:45 am, read the news on my phone, and immediately panicked. When I was about 5 years old, my family hosted a foreign exchange student from Japan who lived with us for a while, and then stayed in the US for a few years before moving back to Japan. She is 100% part of our family, which makes her my sister. Luckily, she is safe which I was able to find out immediately on twitter last night. Moral of the story, social networking is a miracle in this day and age and I don't know what we would do without it. The world is a crazy, scary, place filled with uncertainty and the means of communication we have nowadays is something we shouldn't take for granted. Being able to talk to someone who is across the world at a moments notice is just an incredible thing. I appreciate it so much.

Have a wonderful weekend, friends!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Soo happy to know your friend is alright. I can only imagine how scary that had to be :(