Sunday, July 17, 2011

The end of an Era.

Well folks, it's officially time to grow up and be an adult. The 15 year journey with Harry Potter ended with the last movie at Thursday nights midnight premier. Although I saw it again this morning, so I guess technically my childhood doesn't have to be over until I say so. I'm turning 22 on Thursday, but that can still be considered a kid, right?!

Anyways, the movie did not disappoint. Seeing it at midnight and being exhausted beyond belief the next day at work was completely worth it because I've never missed a midnight premier of a book OR film. And if you know me, sleep is basically my number one priority in life so if I'm going out at midnight it MUST be for something awesome. And it was.

I can't explain how invested I've been in these books since I was 7 years old. I started reading them when the second book had JUST come out and no one knew who HP was. I dressed as him for Halloween that year and people looked at me like I was this crazy girl carrying a broom stick around. Little did they know....

And I'm still dressing up all these years later.

[midnight premier of the 7th book - 2007 with my best friend Cory and brother Connor.
Hermione, Harry, and Ron - sans red hair]

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend.

1 comment:

Katie K. said...

I did some HP mourning right after I saw the film on Thursday....

I was pretty sad :(

But I've already decided that I'm going to re-read all the books over Christmas break....so I guess HP isn't dead, eh?