Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happiness. Independence. Boulder.

"Happiness is an attitude of mind, born of the simple determination 
to be happy under all outward circumstances."
J. Donald Walters 
Happiness: a state of well-being and contentment; joy.

Lately I feel really happy and content. I'm in a place where I'm feeling good about myself and independent and I like it. I'm not saying my life is perfect by any means but for the first time in a long time I feel content with where I'm at and it sure is like a breath of fresh air. There's definitely forces out there trying their damndest to bring me down, but I've decided to let go of any the toxic energy that tries to enter my life instead of giving into it. I'm gonna ride this summer high for as long as possible.

I've been keeping myself busy with school and running errands and practicing my piano (ok, I'm actually really excited about these lessons). I'm staying on top of everything I need to get done and keeping my intense focus from the summer going. I even attempted to rearrange my apartment last night. It was weird to me that I've changed so much, yet everything here has stayed the exact same as I left it. So I figured I better change my apartment around with me. It's just little things like changing out some pictures, hanging things in different places, nothing too intense, but it's definitely more representative of where I am NOW. No more old memories that don't even make me happy anymore staring me in the face.

 

There's something about Boulder that's really always made me happy. The whole atmosphere of this town is just indescribable. This is my favorite time of the year because it's warm enough to be outside for any length of time and walk around and just enjoy how beautiful it is, and it's right at the point where the season is begging to change from Summer to Fall. Oh god, I can't wait for Fall.



 

I was a little nervous about coming back to Boulder and having to face some of the not so happy things I left behind, but for the most part, I feel pretty good about where I'm at.

Anyways, I hope each of you are having a fantastic week. 
I'm thinking I should bring back my Friday Feature, 
what do you think? Maybe revamped a little?

1 comment: