Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Top Ten Type of Thursday

There's nothing like sitting in class for an hour and 15 minutes only to realize that you haven't taken a single note since the first five minutes and actually didn't hear a word of the lecture on Henry IV either. Yes, I'm a ridiculously horrible student. But it's fine. It's my 5th year victory lap so I think I'm entitled to a couple of day dreamy days. And for the rec, it's a pretty wimpy semester compared to my last 4, so we're all good. Anyways, as I was daydreaming today in a stuffy and sweaty classroom that smelled like thirty 400 pound football players just practiced in, I imagined all these lists running through my head. Random lists of things I need to do, things I still WANT to do, things I could be doing instead of this, things I'm looking forward to, and things I'm missing right this second. So on this totally tremendous Thursday afternoon, I bring you one of my truly fascinating top 10 lists.

Top 10 things to look forward to most about the Fall:
[in no particular order]

1. Christmas.
Stop. I know what you're thinking. "Chelsea, it's only September, what's wrong with you?" Well what's wrong with me is that I can't freaking wait for Christmas! Seriously, I had this moment mid-July where one of the songs from the Charlie Brown Christmas special came on my itunes shuffle and BAM. I was transfixed in a merry, happy, holiday-spirit state of mine. And boy did it feel good. And also bad, because it was like torture. It's so far away, but I honestly can't wait for the Christmas season and to spend yet another year with my family.

2. UFC 135: JONES vs. RAMPAGE
It's only a couple weeks away now and I'm STOKED for it. Mostly because I'm excited to see my whole PR team and help out with another exciting event. I'm so excited to have everyone here in my town and be able to continue participating with UFC even though my internship is technically over. It's going to come around just in the nick of time to kick the homesickness right out of me. PLUS, my dad is coming in town for the fight so I'll get to have some quality time with the pops which I'm equally, if not more stoked about.

[and yes, I do realize this is not the updated artwork]

3. Fall weather.
Yes folks, it's arriving quickly. One second it was hotter than hell, and the next it was pouring rain and immediately following the rain, was Fall. And I love fall. What's not to love about Fall weather? It's perfect. And I'm convinced that Boulder is the most beautiful city in the world (or at least in America) during Fall. Try and challenge it. Just try.

4. Pumpkin Spice Lattes.
Ooooook, I know what you're thinking now. "Really, Chelsea? That's something to look forward to?" Well it is. And I love it. They put me in the holiday spirit and nothing makes me happier than being in a holiday spirit. So, pumpkin spice lattes --> holiday spirit --> happy Chelsea. And a happy Chelsea is the best Chelsea.

5. MYLO XYLOTO.
Coldplay's new album. Coming out October 24th. I'm so freaking excited for this I could literally (but probably not) pee myself. On that day, I will not only be out of commission listening to this album non-stop, I will no doubt be the happiest girl on the planet. They never disappoint me, and I NEED their sweet music to survive! I'm so dramatic, I know. If there's one sure way to my heart, get me to a Coldplay concert by whatever means possible. No, scratch that. I'm taking myself because I don't think anyone loves them as much as me. Ok, maybe my brother, Connor. I'll go with him. 


6. Halloween. 
For many reasons. First, I'm having a little visitor to my home that weekend, and second... it's Halloween. Ever since I was a wee baby, my dad put on the biggest and best Halloween show you've ever seen. I'm talkin' black lights, scary ass music, a full on HOMEMADE graveyard with custom graves for all the neighbors, and the most intense, sometimes hilarious costumes you've ever seen. Man I miss it. Nothing ever quite lives up to Halloween as a kid, but every time it rolls around I get super pumped.

7. Thanksgiving.
 Yes, there are three holidays on this list. But, that's one HUGE reason why I love the Fall so much. Thanksgiving will be my first time going "home" to Vegas since the summer. And right now it seems SO far away. But I get to go for like 11 days so it's going to be a pretty awesome vacation. Plus, by then our new house will (hopefully) be up and running and it will feel awesome to have a NORMAL Thanksgiving with my family. We haven't really had a "normal" one in years because it's always just been 4 of us, and the last 4 years have consisted of going out to eat for Thanksgiving dinner. Which is nice and all but sort of lame. Hopefully there will be no buffets or food poisoning  this year (note to self: do NOT eat salmon in Colorado on Thanksgiving). And hopefully there will be more family this year as well!

8. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt. 2 on DVD.
It's true. When part 1 came out on DVD I admittedly skipped class to go buy and watch it. I will no doubt be doing the same thing for part 2. I'm a little shocked and angry with myself because I only saw it TWICE in theaters. But hang onto your sorting hat, kids, because it's still showing! Yes, I know! Death. I want it out on DVD NOW. Maybe I'll sneak in one more showing before it comes out, eh?


9. Graduating.
Ok, technically I guess I'll be graduating in the winter, but still. It's fall semester so it counts. I think I'm ready for this. I've been a student my whole life but I think I'm ready to move on and see what comes next. It's scary and weird but it's like the rest of my life waiting for me outside the doors of college and I'm interested to see where I'm going to end up. And now talking about it has made me scared again. Oh boy.

10. Spending my last semester of college doing anything and everything I want.
It actually rocks that I have the opportunity right now to do whatever I want. I have semi-easy classes for the first time in my college career, and tons of free time to spend however I want. So far I haven't been spending it doing too many exciting things, but I do have a pretty extensive list of things I would like to spend my time doing for the next few months. But, I shall save that list for next time :)

Thanks for tuning into this fascinating and stimulating top 10 list of things I'm looking forward to this Fall. What are you looking forward to?

No comments: