Saturday, March 20, 2010

Let's Go Back.


I want to go back to this.
To being kids forever.
To when my biggest problem was the hole in the foot of my favorite Jasmine feetey pajamas.






To when I loved spending time with my Grandpa,
and he was always going to be there.
Back to when we didn't have to feel hurt or pain or suffering,
when we didn't have a care in the world because
we just didn't know.






Back to when I was fearless.
To when I could fling myself off a diving board like a crazy person, without a second thought,
and try new things without being scared.










To when we could pretend we were grown-ups by holding Daddy's wine glass,












and when my brother was my best friend.









When did we grow up? It seems like only yesterday we were just kids who didn't know change or heartache or death. I want to go back so it will stop. I want to bring back the joy in life for those who are no longer able.

I want to feel like I can do anything and be anyone and not be worried to get close to people because I'm scared I'll lose them. I want to be lighthearted and carefree.


But most of all, I want to enjoy and love people
because life is built upon love.
Recent events have had me thinking a lot about how short life is. We should not take even a single second of it for granted.
I want to be a kid, but I feel lucky that I'm not because it means I have lived and am still living.
We all need to live everyday to its fullest, being happy and loving others
in memory of those who no longer get to.


This post is dedicated to Larissa Hartman.
A beautiful girl who touched the lives of so many people with her strength and spark.

No comments: