Monday, November 8, 2010

Update from a busy girl.

So many, many things happening around me, I don't even know where to begin! All I know is that in this moment, I'm very content.

1. I just got home last night from a weekend in Lawrence, KS where I was able to catch up with a few of my old friends/roommates. It was a much needed visit because it had been so long, so it was really nice!

2. The election was last week which is always a stressful time for me. I get really into it and invest a lot of my time, energy, and emotions into politics. My faith in the humanity of Colorado citizens was almost shaken, but thankfully they (by an extremely slim and discomforting margin) did not disappoint. And as a side note, I find it hilarious that the Republican party thinks they sent out this huge message...they may have taken the house (which happens EVERY TIME the opposite party is in the white house so no surprise OR giant win there) but they didn't take the senate thanks to their tea-party candidates. So thanks for being so extreme, it helps the democratic party a bunch :)

3. Today was an absolutely perfect day. Weather-wise anyway. It was just perfectly Fall. Warm but breezy, leaves everywhere. It was amazing. I wish I could have bottled it because it was just so peaceful and pretty and perfect (wish I had a picture of it). Tomorrow, however, it's supposed to snow which I am not looking forward to much. Time to get my freeze on.

4. Thanksgiving break is right around the corner and I can't wait for it. At KU we had a Fall break AND a thanksgiving break. I must say, it's a lot harder to wait just a couple more weeks for a few days off than it seems. I'm really looking forward to it.

I leave you with a quote:
"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right." -George W. Bush

Good night.

No comments: