Monday, July 11, 2011

Meeting Janelle Monae.

I went to the most amazing concert a few weeks ago:
Bruno Mars and Janelle Monae.

[and naturally, I've been waiting for THE picture to emerge ever since!]

It was one of those concerts that just basically tops anything you've ever seen. The talent level was so high I could not get over it. Both of them sang even better than their studio versions and were so entertaining that it was by far one of the best shows I've ever been to.

Afterwards, I was out at Tao at the Venetian celebrating Lindsey's freedom from her med school exam, when it turned into Bruno Mars' after party (or as I like to call it, destiny?) So lucky for me, I randomly turned around at one point and recognized Janelle Monae sitting at this little booth about 2 feet away from me and trying very hard to go undercover. I just couldn't NOT tell her how amazing she was that night. Thankfully, she was super nice and took a picture with me too and made me life complete.


I realize I need to tone down my ecstatic smile a bit, but I couldn't help how excited I was.
This was for sure a night to remember.


Then as we were leaving the overly crowded club, we ended up at this side entrance where Bruno Mars was entering the club with his body guards at the exact same time. He was less than a foot away from me. Destiny.

Best night ever.

1 comment:

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

so cool! i don't know who she is [i'm obviously not cool enough], but i love the photo! by the way, thanks so much for the kind message about my new teaching job. the support means a lot! xx