Monday, August 26, 2013

Baby G.

This morning at 2:29am, my cousin Sara and her husband Drew welcomed a sweet little baby girl into the world, Anne Kelly Gehling (or as I will call her for the rest of her life, Baby G). I haven't even met her yet and I already love her with my whole heart.


This is the first baby of our generation in the Ford family, which makes her extra special. It was surreal, but also one of the happiest moments I've ever expereinced, waking up to a picture of my new baby niece (technically she's my 2nd cousin, but that just doesn't seem fitting). Tears swelled up in my eyes and I smiled all morning while I thought about how Sara held my hand as I grew up and what light she's continuously brought into my life. Little Annie is coming into the world surrounded by the same.

I am so unbelievably happy for all three of them, but especially Baby G, because I know she's going to grow up with the absolute best parents ever in existence, and will be surrounded by an infinite amount of love and happiness and laughter throughout her entire life.

Welcome to the world, Baby G. I can't wait to meet you.

No comments: