Monday, August 3, 2009

The Trip

I cannot wait to move back to California someday. From the second I landed at LAX, through the hazy skies, past the airport In -N-Out burger that you fly next to on the way down, I felt immediately at home. I never want to leave that place. I know I will move back there because it IS home to me. The beach, the sun, the people...it's all love.

We went to the beach almost everyday. Zuma, Heavens, Malibu, Silver Strand...I could spend all day everyday at the beach and be perfect. We played in the ocean for hours each day; there is absolutely nothing like it in the world.

We took late night road trips to Hollywood to get spontaneous piercings and tattoos (which ended up not happening) and drove around LA like we owned the place. I tried new things, met new people, saw old friends I haven't seen in years, and acted on impulse which makes me feel free and like the person who's been hiding in Colorado for the past 8 years.

I really wonder who I would be if I had been able to finish growing up in my hometown. I would have given anything to go to Newbury Park High School and know all the people who went there, have looked at colleges in California, and had more time to grow around my entire family. There's no use dwelling on what could have been, but I do wonder. And although I may not be back there today, I know that someday I will be. And I'm making it a goal to work towards.

The people I grew up with in California are of a different kind. I'm serious. There is such a difference between the people in California and Colorado. When I'm with my CA peeps, I feel completely at ease. So comfortable. I can be myself. They are so non-judgmental and they love me for me. I don't have to wear any masks or worry about what I look like or what I feel like. It's the best feeling, I wish I could feel it all the time.

Here's a couple pics.

More to come when I get them <3

No comments: