Friday, April 1, 2011

It's Friday, I'm in Love.

Does anyone else feel like this week FLEW by? Usually the week after break is about as slow as the entire winter season but it actually went by REALLY fast. And to make it even better, it's ending with an absolutely beautiful day with 75 degree weather and sunshine. I am soooo ready for it to be summer.

1. A song: Please teach me how to play this on the piano. And then teach me how to play all the rest of her songs too.



2. A quote: “The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well.” — Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

3. 5 things I learned this week:
-No one has original April fools jokes anymore, and some of them are becoming quite offensive (just learned this today).
-Shonda Rhimes has officially run out of ideas for Grey's Anatomy. The musical episode last night was so junky I couldn't even get through it.
-Sometimes you grow out of friendships, and there's a lot to be said for those who stick around.
-I'm addicted to burritos.
-I'm kind of an awkward person.

4. A picture/memory: Well, because it's opening day and I love baseball season. This picture was taken about a year ago this weekend, it was the very first warm day of the year and I got FRIED like a lobster all over my arms and in one giant spot on my leg where there was a hole in my jeans. And PS. I still have a scar from the leg burn. Hooray, Baseball! (And go Dodgers. And Rockies, I suppose.)


5. A takeaway: It was brought to my attention a few weeks ago that the phrase "this too, shall pass" is something important to always keep in mind. When I was told this, I kind of shrugged it off as useless information, but this week it's become very relevant to me and I'm starting to appreciate it. If you think about it, everything good and bad comes and goes. Nothing stays the same forever. That's why it's best to enjoy the good moments in life before they're gone, and know that when something bad happens, it will also be gone soon. It's just a good reminder that I've been trying to keep in the back of my mind to help me enjoy and appreciate, or not get too stressed or upset with each situation I'm in. The phrase might be cliche, but it's a wise one! I hope it can help you, too.

Have a lovely weekend.

No comments: