Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Lovely Bones

I read "The Lovely Bones" over winter break in hopes of finishing it before the movie came out. I did, and I enjoyed the extremely compelling story. The author is not one of my favorites, but she does know how to come up with an interesting story line.

I liked that the movie followed the book, but not so closely that the changes told a different story. The book for instance, took place over a 10 year span, while the movie seemed to take place all within the relative year. I liked that. I liked that certain unnecessary parts were left out, and that the portrayal of the hurt it feels to lose someone was so spot on.

The film was brilliant. I loved it. I cried multiple times (mostly because I was thinking about my friend Brianna who recently passed away) and it really spoke to my mind about death in a way that the book almost didn't.

Where do we go when we die? My opinion on Heaven is much like the Heaven in the book: whatever we want it to be. Everyone might see it differently, but it would be a perfect world. I only hope that my loved ones who have passed truly are experiencing that.

No comments: