Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Why I Want to be a Comm Major

I am applying to the Communications Major this week. I have to write an essay on why I want to be in the major and what personal and professional goals a comm degree would fulfill. It got me thinking a lot about why I actually want to be in this major. I have switched around so many times looking for something fitting but when I finally decided on Communications it hit me: passion.

I have never really been passionate about anything. I gave 12 years of my life to the sport of springboard diving but ended it because of lack of passion. I never really enjoyed it. Singing is something I feel very passionate about, but I guess not enough to try for a career at. But communications.. It's something I do every single day and love every single day.



I love interacting and conversing and writing and tweeting and blogging and COMMUNICATING! I like to keep in touch with people and write emails and write about my feelings and talk on the phone and text and everything imaginable. I am constantly connected. Most of this seems technology based which is why I am also thinking about switching my minor (English) to Media and Technology studies. How fitting!

I am so passionate about doing this and I hope that my essay will convince the school that this is the right thing for me. Without it, I don't know where I will head because this is it. My passion and my life. Communicating.

No comments: