Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Me.

I am Chelsea Hartling.
I smile, I laugh, I cry, I sleep, I write, I love.
I am a daughter, a sister, a friend, a writer,
a singer, a woman, a student,
and a dreamer.
I am smart and funny and athletic and passionate and
I genuinely care about people.
I believe in peace, love, and equality for everyone.
I have loved.
I have lost.
I miss both of my Grandpa's, my Aunt Marie,
and Brianna Swain.
My brother is my hero, my sister is my role model.
I have fears and insecurities but I'm learning to overcome.

If you don't know or understand those things,
then you clearly don't know me.
Take it or leave it, that is who I am.

I have learned more about the kind of people my friends really are in the last few days
than in YEARS of knowing them.
I have realized who my real ones are,
who will be there unconditionally,
who trusts me, and who doesn't.
I want people in my life who trust me,
who know me,
who treat me like a best friend,
who don't say one thing to me, and another to everyone else.
I want people who want me,
and that want to be around me.
And I am not going to settle for anything less.
I don't have time to waste in this life.
I know I have a lot to give
and I'm going to give it to people who appreciate ME.

And that's it.

No comments: