Friday, November 26, 2010

Coutndown to Christmas: 29 days

I really enjoyed doing my little Thanksgiving segment, so I think I'm going to try another until Christmas (might not be everyday though: finals, traveling...you get my drift). I'm thinking about just posting fun Holiday/winter/seasonal things each day while the countdown rolls on.

Today? CHRISTMAS MUSIC. It's finally that day of the year where it is acceptable to play Christmas music without people getting annoyed or shooting you weird looks (well, they still might get annoyed, but they aren't allowed to say anything about it starting the day after Thanksgiving). You only get about one month out of every year to listen to it so you gotta enjoy it while it lasts!

My mom and I made 7 CD's worth of Christmas music for the holidays and I have too many favorites to list. But side note: I love classical choral Christmas music. I think it's so beautiful and I grew up singing it and listening to it so I really appreciate it. Moving on though...

Probably my favorite Christmas song ever is "Christmas Time is Here" by Vince Guaraldi Trio, you know, from A Charlie Brown Christmas. It's so beautiful and just the epitome of the Holidays to me (plus this movie is just the greatest). Enjoy.


No comments: