Friday, February 18, 2011

Five For Friday

Happy Friday, loves. I am thrilled that it's finally the weekend and can start to put this week behind me and start fresh. Plans include catching up on tonssss of homework and projects, sleeping in, and focusing on happiness. What are your plans?

Here's five things to start off the weekend:

1. Song of the week: "Everything's Not Lost" by Coldplay. I thought it was kind of fitting for this week, plus it's a good message for when things aren't going according to plan.



2. Quote of the week: "Many of the things that seem impossible now will become realities tomorrow." -Walt Disney

3. 5 things I learned this week:
-Pink eye is still a fairly common illness among college students, contrary to popular belief (by myself) that it is only for 7 year old's.
-Experimenting with a new mascara because the bottle is pretty is not a good idea.
-My friend, Katie is quite possibly the best friend I've ever known.
-Feelings don't define who you are.
-Spending 7 hours on a photoshop project does not always make it amazing.

4. A picture: I miss my brother.


5. A Takeaway from the week: Sometimes you just have a really shitty week. Sometimes it piles on, one thing after the other, spiraling downward, and even the little things seem to have a giant impact on the shittiness. But, it's best to just take a deep breath, and let yourself feel how you're going to feel. Once you come to terms with the fact that it's just one of those weeks, you can begin to look at it from a different angle. For me, my horrible week actually ended up teaching me a bunch of lessons about self empowerment, friendship, and the value of setting aside time for yourself; things I was already aware of but hadn't tapped into for a while. It was a good reminder.

[I hope you all have a fabulous and happy weekend!]

No comments: