Friday, February 25, 2011

Five For Friday

[2/25/11]

Here's hoping everyone had a fabulous week with an even more fabulous weekend to look forward to. I'll be heading down to Colorado Springs for a friend's wedding and I couldn't be more excited! Pictures to come!

1. Song of the week: "Rolling In The Deep" by Adele - in honor of her AMAZING new album that just came out. Seriously obsessed.



2. Quote of the week: "Stop talking about love. Every asshole in the world says he loves somebody. It means nothing. It still doesn't mean anything. What you feel only matters to you. It's what you do to the people you say you love, that's what matters. It's the only thing that counts."
-(One of my absolute favorites from the movie The Last Kiss)

3. 5 things I learned this week:
-Jessica Valenti (author of "Full Frontal Feminism") is my hero.
-Ice Hockey rinks smell like sweaty men who haven't showered in weeks.
-Glee is beginning to redeem itself. And I like it.
-I can take voice lessons, piano lessons, OR guitar lessons next semester for an elective. Exciting!
-PostSecret is my new obsession.

4. A picture: All my teammates from KU are at their final Big XII meet this weekend. Wishing them the best of luck for a great end to their swimming and diving career!

5. A takeaway: This little girl needs to become a role model for ALL little girls. She's 5 and already has her priorities straight. She's so adorable, I want to steal her and raise her as my own! (kidding. maybe.) Seeing this was probably the highlight of my week.



2 comments:

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

i love adele and i didn't know her new album came out this week--thanks for letting me know!

as for postsecret, i LOVE it. i wish i had come up with the idea. ;)
i actually went to a postsecret event last month and met frank. glad you like the project, too! :)

happy weekend!

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm SO jealous you met Frank! How was the event?! If he comes to Colorado I will definitely be going because I just think it's the coolest :)