Friday, May 6, 2011

Five for Friday

School's officially out, and I'm out of here for the whole summer starting tomorrow. Scary, weird, a little sad, but most of all exciting. I'm excited to get out of the college bubble for a while and surround myself with something new for a while. Right now I'm looking forward to getting away for a while.

1. A Song: I always study to Angels & Airwaves so I've been listening to them a LOT this week and I've recently become obsessed with this song (A Little's Enough) off their first album. Such amazing lyrics.



2. A Quote: This one has been floating all over everything this week, but I think it's fitting given the circumstances the United States are in at this moment. There's some controversy now concerning who said this, so I wont quote anyone, but it speaks my sentiments exactly.

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."


3. 5 things I learned this week:
-I've had some really great and supportive teachers in the last couple of years.
-We have a pretty baller president (not that I didn't already know this, but it was re-confirmed this week).
-My lucky underwear really IS lucky.
-One of my teacher's thinks I'm a good candidate to write an honors thesis at CU - very unexpected and made me feel good.
-It costs $957 to get credit for a summer internship. Pocket change.

4. A picture/memory: This is usually how I spend my summers. I'm going to miss these little ninos so much this year!


5. A takeaway: This is my last Friday post before I leave for the summer! I can't believe the semester is already over, it definitely went by way faster than usual. My takeaway is just that I hope you all (including myself) have an amazing summer break. Take risks, have fun, enjoy yourself, and surround yourself with people who give a damn and make your life worthwhile. I'm looking forward to updating you all on all my exciting internship adventures and experiences! :)

Happy Summer Break!

No comments: