Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I am thankful: 15

Today I'm thankful for music.

Ah yes, if music be the food of love, play on! A little Shakespeare for your Tuesday afternoon, but I dare you to find a truer statement. As a kid I grew up taking singing lessons, participating in multiple choirs, and singing with my very musically talented family at every possible get together. For some reason I never pursued anything in music throughout college, until now - my final semester. I decided to take both piano lessons and music composition and it has been great getting back into it. I'm lucky to start out each day learning about music, playing music, and listening to different kinds of music. It's truly been inspiring and I'm regretting not doing this sooner!

Loving music is something the majority of people have in common, but to say I love it is not satisfying enough for me. I can't think of anything else in the world that can effect me the way music does. It has the ability to get me through any situation - good or bad, stimulates my brain, makes me want to dance, laugh, sing, cry, recalls memories, and can drastically change my mood at any given second. And while my taste in music ranges from classic oldies to techno, I have a new favorite song every day. I'm thankful that music has had such an impact on my life since I was a child. And because I could NEVER pick just ONE favorite song, here's one from one of my favorite artists that just genuinely makes me happy every time I hear it, and I hope will make you happy too.



No comments: