Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Mama Hartling!

Dear mom,

Today is your birthday and I'm so happy I get to be here to spend it with you. You may not know this, but you are my go-to person. You always have an answer - even when I sometimes don't want to hear it. Thank you for supporting me and encouraging me while I go through these awkward life changes in an attempt to one day be out on my own. Thank you for finally admitting that I AM the funny one, and laughing with me about the hillbilly's on The Amazing Race (I'm bakin' like a soup bean in a crock-a-taters if ya know what I mean!). Thank you for all the nights we've spent sitting on the couch watching the Bachelor and the Biggest Loser together. And for all of the little things we get to talk about or do on a daily basis now that I'm living at home again. You are so special to me, mom, and I love you so very much.

Even though you only have one child (that just so happens to be your favorite) here to spend it with you, I hope you have the best birthday ever.

Happy birthday, mom!

No comments: