Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hump Day Pep Talk.

Sometimes on a Wednesday afternoon you just need a pep talk to get you through the rest of the day. They don't call it hump day for nothing. Wednesday afternoons are designed to test your patience, to see if you're mentally strong enough to make it over the hill to the end of the week.

Today, for me, every turn is testing my patience, making me second guess myself, making me feel like maybe I'm not doing a good enough job at whatever it is I'm doing at that given moment. I've been feeling so frustrated and down all day because I just can't seem to get it together. I can't seem to get it right. I'm just a half step behind.

But I have to forge ahead. I have to keep on trucking. Sometimes things work on the first try, and sometimes they take a bunch of failed attempts. But the point is, I'm not giving up. I've thought so many times today about handing the reins over to someone else and letting them take over because I'm obviously just not getting it. But I have to remind myself that I'm not failing. I'm learning. I'm getting better. I'm trying my damndest and I will not give up on myself because I know better than that.

Each trial teaches me more about myself, what I can handle, what I can accomplish and as much as it might take everything I have to make it up the Wednesday hill, tomorrow I'll be on the downhill slope coasting my way into awesome town.

No comments: