Monday, March 12, 2012

Sister-Sister.

Ahh, it feels good to be back! This unemployed girl has really been making the most of her time off by jet-setting off to California at every given opportunity - and don't worry, I'll be back there again in a couple of weeks for wine-tasting in Paso Robles! This past week I drove from Vegas to LA, pit-stopped in Newbury Park and Santa Barbra, and made my way up the coast to San Jose and San Francisco where I met my sister with her car in her brand new home.

Ashley's Roller Disco Going Away Party
The time has finally come to say goodbye to her, and it's beginning to sink in. 24 hours ago we were lost in the middle of San Francisco in an attempt to drive me to the airport - frantic and screaming at each other and then laughing hysterically at how ridiculous we both are. These crazy moments are actually one of the things I will miss the most about living with Ashley, mostly because they make for the best stories of us. When I was a kid, our age difference always seemed to get in the way of our relationship, and then the 10 year Colorado gap made it almost impossible for us to be close. But when Ashley moved to Vegas last year, and I got my internship at UFC it was like the stars aligned for us and we finally got the chance to build an adult relationship. It wasn't always easy and we had to learn how to live together. We had our fair share of fights and arguments, but we learned a lot about each other and built up a trust like only sister's have. I will never be able to express enough how much the time we were given to live near each other has meant to me. We've finally been given the chance to get close and I'm so grateful for it. And even though we won't be living together again for a while, I know we will continue to stay close, even if that means working a little bit harder at it.

Our last hoo-rah at the Golden Gate Bridge

I'm really proud of Ashley for the steps she's taking in her life. I've always looked up to her because she has the kind of independence and courage I aspire to have. It's awesome watching her grow as a person through taking chances and carving her own path. I'm already missing her so much, but I can't wait to see what this next chapter brings her way. I know that San Jose is going to treat her well, and I can't wait to visit her again - hopefully sans our directionally challenged NorCal issues.

I love you, Ash and I'm so proud of you.

No comments: