Tuesday, July 7, 2009

If the Dr.'s office is rude......

Does it seem to anyone else that every time you call the doctor's office to make an appointment you get the 3rd degree and the secretary is rude? What is with that? Do they hate their job so much that innocent patients who might very well be having a serious problem end up embarrassed after hanging up?

My family has already left one doctor's office back in California due to a rude secretary. This is how my conversation the other day with the doctor's office went:

*ring ring*

Dr-"This is Shannon."
-Uhh, hi! Can I make an appointment with Dr. Tetor?
Dr-"For what."
-Umm...well, I'm kind of...having a problem.
Dr-"Oooooookay. What is the problem?"
-I need an appointment.
Dr-"When."
-Either today or tomorrow?
Dr-"Let me check..........no openings. Call back later."
-Ok......will there be openings later?
Dr-"I don't know."

*click*

Bitch.

Today, this is how it went.

*ring ring*

Dr-"This is Shannon."
-I need an appointment with Dr. Tetor.
Dr-"For what."
-UMMMM, PERSONAL? (in my best attitude ever)
Dr-"Oh, well the reason why we ask is because blah blah blah"
-Ok, well it's generally personal then.
Dr-"Ok, hun! Whats your name? Does 10:00 work?"

Wow, talk about an attitude change when I put her back in place! Sucker.
Moral of the story is, if the doctor's office is rude to you, be rude back. And don't let them make you feel like shit on the phone. It is NOT the secretary's business what you need an appointment for. :)

No comments: