Monday, July 20, 2009

Someone was watching over.


This morning 3 of my best friends were in a car accident driving from Colorado to California. The car rolled, and is totaled. By some miracle of God, they all ended up ok.

I could have been in the car with them. I was planning on driving back to CA with them.

How does this happen? How do 3 boys fall asleep at the wheel, roll the car, and survive with maybe a couple of scratches? It's times like these when my pessimistic self disappears because I don't see this as a "they almost died" situation. I see it as a "someone was watching over them" situation. And someone was. Someone had to be. That kind of thing doesn't just happen.

Ridiculous times like these can really test your faith. And in my case, it usually confirms it. When my grandpa died, I was completely reassured and at peace with his death because I was shown that God was there. And just today, my 3 best friends LIVED thanks to Him.

This is not a girl who lives her life by religion. I don't always pray, I don't make myself read the Bible every night before bed, I stopped going to church years ago. But there is one thing I can tell you. One thing I am SURE of. Someone is watching over us. Each trial and tribulation concerning life proves that to me. I have yet to be faced with a death or near-death experience that hasn't led me to a stronger belief in God and afterlife and faith.

One more thing: life is too short. You never think it could happen to you, and it can. So we should all start living like we mean it. Tell everyone we love that we love them. Have fun while you can, and live the precious life you've been given to its absolute fullest.

No comments: