Thursday, August 20, 2009

Boulder Bound.

I'm here in Boulder! My apartment is all set up (except for internet and cable which comcast screwed me on...) and I am all alone.

I've been talking with my old roomies from Kansas and it makes me sad to not be sitting there laughing with them, but I know this is what was right for me.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with my advisor at 9:00. Then off to do some grocery shopping, then maybe exploring Boulder and getting used to my surroundings.

It's hard being away from home and being alone in an apartment, but I made this decision on my own and I know that I just need to be strong and independent and know I'll get through it.

All the wasted anxiety I have is pointless and irrational and I need to keep reminding myself that this is my new home. This is it. I need to be happy with where I'm at.

Classes start Monday, and hopefully by then I will have the mindset that I am where I need to be. Bolder is great, Boulder is great, Boulder is great.

No comments: