Monday, October 25, 2010

Sweet Seattle

I went to Seattle this past weekend with my family for my brother's first "Family Weekend" as a college freshman. It was my first time there and I absolutely loved it! It rained the whole weekend (which I didn't mind because I love rain) and it was really beautiful there.



We did a lot of really cool things over the weekend. We saw my brother's campus, went down to Pike Market where we saw the original Starbucks, went into the city and got SUPER close to the Space Needle - my sister and I really wanted to go up and see the view from the city but we ended up going to a Harry Potter exhibit instead (which, sadly, was not worth it), and we ate the BEST food.






One thing I was obsessed with while we were there was how progressive everything was. We walked by this beautiful church with a banner out front that said "You are welcome here, come as you are" which I thought was incredible. That is how churches should be, and I have never witnessed one like that before so it was a really awesome experience.



Overall it was a really nice weekend with my family, experiencing a new city and spending time with them. I will most definitely be going back.

No comments: