Friday, February 11, 2011

Five for Friday

Happy Weekend, bloggers! I hope everyone had a fabulous week and is looking forward to an even better weekend ahead. I'll be heading home to visit my dad and catching up on lots of things I've been putting off (like loads of homework and studying). Here's my new weekly wrap up post:

1. Song of the week: Dig by Incubus. I think this is probably one of my absolute favorite songs of all time. Always good to bring back every now and then.



2. Quote of the week: “It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences.” - Audre Lorde

3. 5 things I learned this week:
-CU is willing to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to change their logo, but wont hire people to shovel the sidewalks of snow on campus.
-RENT is an awesome musical.
-You don't ever have to justify the way you are feeling at any given time.
-The Superbowl commercials were better last year.
-A "Hawaiian Margarita" at the Sink in Boulder....is BLUE.

4. A Picture: Took this one last weekend - Boulder truly is one of the most beautiful places on earth. It makes my heart happy.


5. A Takeaway from the week: I've been getting kind of fed up with facebook lately, mostly because of the fakeness surrounding it. There's so many people you are "friends" with that you can't even stand in real life - and that's just it. The idea that facebook ISN'T real life. It's an interesting thought. My friend, Ryan just sent me this video, and it definitely makes you think twice about deleting your account. I don't think I will, because it IS still a valuable form of communication for me, but I think I'm going to make some changes on it effective immediately. I love my real life friends, those who don't judge you based on your profile picture and friend count. If you are reading this then you're one of the real ones in my book :) (oh, and I encourage you to watch this video, it's pretty awesome!)



[Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!]

1 comment:

Katie K. said...

Great vid Chels! Thanks for sharing!!