Monday, November 7, 2011

I am thankful: 7

Today I'm thankful for all the little things I often take for granted.

-Clean clothes
-Running water
-3 meals a day
-My teeny apartment
-A working heater
-Doctors who take care of me

There's obviously so many other things I take for granted on a daily basis (see: any luxury item I own like my computer or ipod) and I know that this short list barely scratches the surface. But giving thanks is about taking a look at the things you don't always appreciate and recognizing them. There's so many people in this world who don't have any of the things listed above. There's so many people who would quite literally give anything they had for running water or shoes or a tiny, warm shelter to stay for the night. I sometimes complain about these things instead of appreciating them, so I think it's important for me to take a step back and look at all I have and be grateful for it. Give thanks.

No comments: